Check out this fun, loose Hey Everybody game from The Coalition‘s Detective.
The team isn’t behold to the sequence of contributions – they allow their characters to react in-the-moment as inspired – but you can see the sequence is loosely maintained and it helps the overall flow. Improvisers clearly stick their character’s silos – Sarah’s corrections, Taylor’s obsession with killing Voldemort with a stick, etc. Improvisers play emotional characters – like Jesse’s gruff-voiced reactor. And the stage picture isn’t just a line or “bandshell of death.”
It’s a great example of a game that uses the tools of the Hey Everybody game but isn’t confined by them.
Check out these other posts about the night Detective and The Johnsons shared a stage:
- Walk-on/off with Split Screen: https://improvdoesbest.com/2019/03/01/walk-on-off-with-split-screen-video/
- Organic Tag-out Triangle: https://improvdoesbest.com/2019/03/01/organic-tag-out-triangle-video-example/
- Tag-out and Pivot Run: https://improvdoesbest.com/2019/03/01/tag-out-pivot-run-video-example/
- Detective’s Hey Everybody Game: https://improvdoesbest.com/2019/03/01/detectives-hey-everybody-video/
- Detective’s Opening: https://improvdoesbest.com/2019/03/01/detective-opening-video/
- Linked By Patterns: https://improvdoesbest.com/2019/03/01/linked-by-patterns/
Detective is: Sarah Ahmed, Anthony Brazeau, Jesse Hill, Angela Massino, Jonathan Mostowy, Nicole Nielsen and Taylor O’Sullivan